Virofex Quantum is an enzymatic disinfectant for use in the reprocessing of all reusable surgical, medical and dental instruments prior to sterilisation.
Contains colour change properties to show the user when the solution is active and ready to use (red) and also that the solution is no longer active and must be changed (clear).
Solution will remain active for approximately 8 hours / a single working day.
Quantum also includes an enzymatic agent to help break down both protein and bacteria so not only does it disinfect, it also cleans at the same time.
Ready to use within 60 seconds and effective against bacteria, fungus, spores and viruses.
Designed for use inside the instrument bath and not suitable for use on aluminium.
Direction To use:
- Dissolve 1 level measure of powder (20g ± 2g) in 1 litre of warm tap water (30 – 40°C) and mix for 60 seconds.
- The solution will turn red.
- Completely immerse the instruments into the solution ensuring that no air is left within hollow instruments.
- Leave for 30 minutes. After disinfection, rinse instruments thoroughly with RO or distilled water prior to further processing and sterilisation.
- The solution will remain effective for 8 hours.
- Change to fresh solution daily or earlier should physical dirt in the solution become evident.
- We recommend preparing fresh solution at the start of the working day.
- When the solution is colourless it is no longer active.
Bactericidal, Yeasticidal, Virucidal against Enveloped Viruses, Non Enveloped Viruses – Adenovirus and Norovirus, Sporicidal.