Ultrapak™ is a 100% cotton, gingival retraction cord knitted into thousands of tiny interlocking loops that exert a gentle continuous outward force following placement. This unique knitted design exerts a gentle, continuous outward force following placement, as the knitted loops seek to open. Optimal tissue displacement occurs in 3–8 minutes.
Ultrapak’s proprietary knitted cord design is better than braided or twisted cord for packing into the sulcus, absorbing fluids, and expanding for adequate retraction.
Ultrapak™ comes in cords as small as size #000 to as large as size #3, making Ultrapak suitable for any clinical situation. The smaller cords are ideal for pediatric cases where carious lesions have extended beyond the gumline and as the first cord in the double-cord technique. The larger cords work well as the upper cord in the double-cord technique and for areas that have thick gingival tissues that require a significant amount of force to be retracted.
Indications for Use :
- Ultrapak™ cord is used for rapid tissue displacement prior to impression making and can also be used to deliver ferric sulfate solutions subgingivally for sulcular fluid control.
- Ultrapak™ is designed to enhance ViscoStat™, Astringedent™, and Dento-Infusor™ tissue management techniques.
- Conventional techniques using alum, aluminium chloride, etc. are also enhanced when using Ultrapak plain knitted cords, which carry significantly greater quantities of hemostatic solution than conventional cords.
- The original—and smallest—knitted cord.
- Provides rapid tissue displacement, detailed margins, and quality impressions.
- Facilitates easy packing and stays placed better than any twisted or braided cord.
- Compresses upon packing then expands for optimal retraction.
- 100% cotton provides high absorption of hemostatic agents and sulcular fluids.
- Does not entangle in diamond bur.
- Bright colors facilitate easy location and removal.
- Available with or without epinephrine.
- High carbon steel blade ensures a clean cut.
- Thin plastic gate prevents cord from falling into the bottle upon cutting.
- Ruler printed on label provides easy cord measurement.
Ultradent Ultrapak™ Retraction Cord pack consist of :-
- 1x 244cm Ultrapak™ Retraction Cord (Size #0 / #1 / #2 / #3)
Size Uses :
- Lower anteriors.
- When luting near gingival and subgingival veneers.
- Class III, IV, and V restorations.
- Second cord for double-cord technique.
- Non-impregnated #1 and #2 sizes are particularly effective for tissue control and/or displacement when soaked in coagulative hemostatic solution prior to and/or after crown preparations.
- Use as a protective pre-preparation cord on anteriors.
- Upper cord for double-cord technique.
- Use as a protective pre-preparation cord.
- Areas that have fairly thick gingival tissues where a significant amount of force is required
- Upper cord for use with the double-cord technique